<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Saturday, April 25, 2009

things have moved on since I was a lad 

I just downloaded some pretty fractal generator for my nice big quad core maxed out box. Its blindingly quick. Even full screen at maximum resolution it takes about 1/4 of a second to draw the entire screen.

When me and my brother had an amiga back in the late 80s we used to wait hours for it to render an 800x600 mandlebrot set or even leave it running overnight.

Of course thats nothing. I have worked with several people who started on paper tape or punched cards. And to top it all one guy who used to come in and help out with the computers when I was a field ecologist for the Somerset Wildlife Trust used to actually work at Bletchly Park.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Saturday, April 25, 2009

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain