<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

SL is getting there as a platform 

I have just installed a RSS viewer in my house in SL. At the moment it can only take in one feed though so its more of a tech demo than something useful. I guess in the future you will be able to have something that takes in multiple feeds or an OPML file so you can sit in your virtual office and keep in touch with RL.

Then again I hear that sooner or later you will be able to turn a wall into a fully functioning Mozilla browser and visit any page you want. Then you would need a way of accessing and editing external files (in vim of course) from SL, a SSH client and terminal emulator and while we are at it have the ability to launch programs on your own computer from inside SL. How about buttons on the surface of a desk?

Then you have LL's holy grail where SL becomes the interface part of your computers OS

Labels:

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain