<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I knew there had to be something like this out there 

This is what I was talking about in a previous post. OSMP or Open Source Metaverse Project does what it says on the tin.

I haven't had a go with it yet but it looks like they are cobbling together things like quake2 code and XML to make their metaverse.

The OpenSource Metaverse Project is analogous to the web. You can create hyperlinks to any other metaworld running on any metaverse server worldwide. Your avatar uses hyperlinks to move to other worlds, submitting to the Game Control Logic in force in the new world.

This is what I think we need. Something that can be easily set up and controlled by individuals not one centralised authoritarian company. Needless to say I will be downloading it later on to have a play.

Labels:

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Thursday, December 07, 2006

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain