<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Monday, October 16, 2006

I really hate commuting 

It seems no matter what I do I cant get to work any earlier now. This morning I made a huge effort and got out of the carpark at home a full 10 minutes earlier. By the time I had got to Wraxall hill all that extra time had been eaten up by being stuck behing tractors and trucks. In the end I was later than normal into work so all I got out of leaving early was even more time sat in my car.

Although I do some of my best thinking in my car most of it is time wasted. I spend up to 2 1/2 hours a day behind the wheel. Thats 10 hours per week (working from home one day) or 20 whole days a year (with holidays taken into account). A grand total of 16896 miles as its 88 miles a day. With my car getting 55mpg and diesel at £4.00 a gallon that works out at £1228.80 just spent on diesel alone. Plus 3325 kilos of CO2 emitted.

You have to wonder if its worth it sometimes.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Monday, October 16, 2006

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain