<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Friday, August 26, 2005

It finally looks like we might be able to get my laptop working wirelessly in linux 

The one thing that has always annoyed me with the lappy is that we cant get any Wifi support in linux. There is no driver available for the chipset at all and I have never had any luck with ndiswrapper and the Windows drivers.

Apparently some guy somewhere is trying to write some drivers... I am not holding my breath waiting for them.

Then my brother was reading some stuff about people having simillar problems with Dell lappys. The only solution that was reasonable was to take out the offending Wifi card and replace it with something that will work. A nice Centrino or something. This is surprisingly easy.

We tested it with the latest Ubuntu live CD and a mates card last night... all is well.

Now I just need to get a card off eBay and away we go.

Tags: , ,

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Friday, August 26, 2005

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain