<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

thank heavens for the adblocker extension 

I read the daily dilbert cartoon religiously and have several of the books. Over the years I have become more annoyed with Scott Adams though. He is obviously selling out at every chance he gets.

Today I visited the dilbert site to find a good 80% of the browser (I keep my browser sized to 800x600, as some of ingentas customers still have 10 year old monitors / graphics cards) obscured by a DHTML "pop-up" for some dumb messenger smilies.

I very quickly added http://*.interclick.com/* to my adblock black list as this is where the offending content comes from.

I dont think I have ever been so annoyed with an on line ad in years. Scott Adams has lost just about all my respect. I thought he dilbert was meant to be anti-corporate and here he is selling out in the most obvious way.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Comments:
I concur! I thought I had picked up a worm when I tried to read past strips and ended up in a full-page interclick ad. In addition to adblocking interclick.com, I mapped the name to a local address in my hosts file.

Mr. Adams should do a series on pointy-haired bosses who make their web administrators create sites that annoy and drive away their paying customers.
 
Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain