<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Monday, March 21, 2005

PC woes

Sometimes all you need is a second or two.

I was remotely accessing my linux server at home on Thursday night and all was well.

When I got home I went upstairs to turn it off and it looked like KDE was throwing a wobbly. So I logged into a tty as root to be greeted with a flood of never ending messages about the hard drive.

I spent a while trying to recover it but it looks like its screwed. Luckilly I had made a backup a couple of days earlier, phew.

I seem to remember that 30gig drive cost me 50 quid a few years ago. I am getting a 120gig drive for that price to replace it now.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Monday, March 21, 2005

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain