<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Sunday, February 27, 2005

This is such a cool idea.

I know its not new or anything but the bookcrossing concept is brilliant.

The basic idea is that you sign up and find an old book you dont want any more. Then you go to the site and register it to get a unique id. You put the id onto the book with some stuff on it to identify the book as a "crossed" book and leave it somewhere in a public place. You then put the location of the book into the site and anyone who has registered with the site for an alert gets an email telling then where the book is.

Some books have travelled the world apparently. The BBC is going to get into the game as well in the uk.

I just think that its a really nice community thing on line. I know I have loads of books that could be released.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Sunday, February 27, 2005

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain