<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Well its getting there

I am sat in the staff room of Rae's school with a wireless connection writing this. Its working but its slow as hell. I have poked around myself and it looks like the network routing is all to hell. It takes 10 hops or more to get out of the local network. Still its a start. The other bad thing was when I tried to connect up UT2004 and it wouldnt let me. There is some sort of firewall thing going on there.

Tomorrow this lappy gets linux on it. Either fedora core 3 or Mandrake 10.1. It depends on weather the AMD 64 version of Fedora had downloaded yet at home. If not I am going with Mandrake as I am more used to that but I dont have the 64 bit version. Also on the slashdot I see Win64 is coming along. This could be interesting.

And shock horror I have installed Eclipse on this machine and a php plug in and was writing some code in it. In fact I have hardly fired up vim on this machine at all. The times they are a changing.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Saturday, January 08, 2005

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain