<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Another nice relaxing weekend.

Spent the entire of Saturday morning in bed... which is always good.

Been reading Battle Royale and is scares the hell out of me. I remeber reading Lord of the flies when I was younger but this is something else. Its very Japanese as its incredibly violent and treats the violence as almost normal. The way it describes the weapons in great detail is freaky too. Its kind of wierd. I play games like Half Life 2 or Doom3 and dont even blink when I blow a characters head open with a shotgun. Reading about similar levels of violence is a really scary experience.

Its like when I watched American History X That film scared the life out of me. That was violence and racism right out there in full view and it really shook me up.

I have Battle Royale on DVD now as well. I wont be watching it till I finish the book though.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Saturday, January 15, 2005

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain