<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Thursday, December 09, 2004

First post from my new toy

Just got my new toy. An Acer 1522WLMi laptop. More or less everything in the windows world is working now. I will keep things as they are for about a week and then put Suse on the other partition that was conviently provided on the hard drive for me.

It seems to be a very nice machine so far. It certainly is fast. Its got a AMD64 chip running at 3000 Mhz or so. Plus a nice Nvidia graphics card, gigabit wired LAN and 8011g built in. The one wierd bit was it was advertised as having a 5 in 1 card reader built in. Its actually a PCMCIA card. On the other hand that means I can put that card in Rachaels machine if need be as well. 4 USB ports and a firewire port are not to be sniffed at.

In the next week we have to get the home network sorted out. At the moment I can not see the linux box at all from a machine thats connected to the network through wireless. Then sort out some VPN type stuff so I can be sat anywhere in the world and work on my server here.

After xmas I hope to be able to work from anywhere in the world. Basically once I get all this sorted out I can be at home or at Rachaels or anywhere at all and still be at work.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Thursday, December 09, 2004

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain