<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Now this is way cool

I had to do a lot of testing on IE5.x for the ingentaconnect site over the last few days. As someone had decreed that all windows machines had to be set to automagically patch themselves there wasnt an IE5 machine lying around any more.

That was a bit of a problem. The problem is solved by http://www.skyzyx.com/downloads/ Basically on the page there are a collection of statically linked IEs for your pleasure. I now have every IE from IE3 running at once on my Win2k machine. The next thing to do is to get the static IE6 and see if it runs under WINE on linux.

Perhaps this means that IE isnt part of the OS after all?

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain