<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Dammit

Due to some unforseen errors we have had to cut back ingentaconnect. Its still there and running but we had to reinstate ingenta.com.

There are some performance related problems. Something to do with caching we think. It means sometimes the site really flies and other times it grinds to a halt. Hopefully we have at least identified the problem and we are working towards the solution.

There have not been many major bugs for me to fix so far. Mainly stuff like wording changes and the like. There were some problems with the pager code I wrote just before the launch though but I think I have all those bugs ironed out now. Basically I was in too much of a hurry and didn't test things properly.

There seem to be some issues with IE5 and the floated lists I use to get around the bobby validator. It seems to be putting far too much right padding onto the <li> elements. Hopefully I can find a way to fix this very easilly today. Just found a neat hack to do an IE5 only stylesheet on a mailing list archive here that looks promising.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain