<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Well I have been really productive this morning

So i deserve a break!

I have been churning out JSTL code today. I dont know whats come over me. I have created about 4 JSF pages with loads of custom tags on them and they are all ok I think. Its kind of hard to test them as I dont have the data to go through them or even the right variable names. Its almost like refined pseudo code.

I still dont like JSF and JSTL that much though. Its overly comlicated to my point of view. Well I know the structures are still the same if/then, loops etc but its the insistence on everything being valid XML that annoys me. It means that everything takes so long to type if nothing else. Then again when I was doing some Cold Fusion coding a long time ago I was really pleased that it was tag driven. I seem to remeber saying to someone "I understand tags from HTML"

Of course if I really wanted to I could just use JSP directives and cut out the tags entirely. But that aspect of Java was pants from the start. I mean fancy not having a defined way to implement a loop for pities sakes!

I still say the PHP way of dropping in and out of markup or code makes more sense to me. I now that for others its seems odd to mix up two entirely different languages in such a way but to me it makes sense.

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Thursday, September 16, 2004

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain