<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Its getting to be a crunch again

The ingentaconnect site has to go live by the 6th of October. I have to basically tidy up new pages as the rest of the team develop the JSP/Java for them. Most of them are not too bad right now as they are basically a bunch of forms which are pretty easy to lay out.

Quite a lot of these can be getting the right markup from somewhere else and the stylesheet and bob's your uncle. Some of them are a little more fiddly but so far they are not bad.

I have come up against a few contradictions in the CSS I have already written though but on the whole things go fairly smoothly.

Hopefully in time I will be able to get some more work done on the accessability of the site. Its not far off a Bobby AA award for most of the pages. There is a lot of work to be done on the browse pages and Table of Contents pages but that shouldn't be too bad I hope. mainly changing <p><a href="foo.jsp">link</a></p> to <li> to prevent adjacent links. Its stupid really as the next thing I do is remove the bullet points so it looks the same!

A lot of accessability stuff can be contradictory like that. Like you need javascript to do a font-size-switcher to improve accessability but javascript is bad....

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain