<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Internal Server Error

what the voices in my head tell me to write

Friday, June 11, 2004

OK maybe Suse 9.1 isn't so hot

We had a bit of an install fest here at work today.

I took the Suse disks in from home. Slapped the first one in my machine here. To begin with everything was ok. Then the yast installer didnt get my graphics card right. It sort of detected it but wen into text mode install anyway.

I tried installing the default system, thinking I could build it up from there once everything was ok. "Error installing package kdebase".Oopsie-doodle. Anyone want to know what a base X-windows only system of Linux looks like? I can tell you.

Tried messing around a little then thought "hell to this" and installed Mandrake 10 again. As it was a fresh install and not a upgrade this seems a lot better anyway.

Latest update

Had a good look at the Suse install at home and some of it wasnt working properly. Tried fiddling about with it and made it worse. In the end wiping the machine and installing from scratch did it.

I now have Apache with PHP, mod_perl, Mason, Tomcat and Zope running through it. Is that a record Norris... Norris? Oh he is gone :(

Permanent link and Comments posted by Rob Cornelius @ Friday, June 11, 2004

Comments: Post a Comment


    follow me on Twitter

    My recent photos

    Archives

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

    RSS feeds and things

    Feed Button Help

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    contact the author

    rob cornelius can be contacted by email use his name with an dot and googles web based email domain